You may have experienced the following problems when attempting to open an Excel attachment from Outlook 2016.
- – Receive an Excel file in email.
- – Double click on it to open it.
- – The file attempts to open in Excel but keeps trying and then finally gives an error.
Then one of two things happens. Either
- – You go to click the Enable Editing button and Excel completely hangs on you or
- – You get the “”Excel (Protected Mode) has stopped working! error.
There seems to be an issue with the Display Link drivers. This post is as of December 1, 2016 and the driver has not been updated by Display Link yet.
Try the below and it should work for you.
- Open a blank excel document.
- Go to file
- Go to options
- Go to advanced
- Under Display
- Check the box…Disable graphics hardware acceleration.
- Click apply. This has fixed my issue until there is a driver update.
Hope this has been helpful.